Sunday, January 20, 2008

More on Blogs #9

Unfortunately, Feedster is down right now so I couldn't look at it today. I think I had seen it a couple of weeks ago when I first started working on this portion of the 23 things, but I can't remember anything about it.

I like Google Blog Search. It is clean and uncluttered. I have used it to add some blogs to my Google Reader page.

Syndic8 seems more like a tool that I would use to answer my questions abour syndication and rss feeds. I am not really looking at this point to learn how to create my rss feed. And, I must admit I would like a 2 hour class where a knowledgable individual talks with me about rss feeds and shows me how to do it. While I have participated in lots of online learning, I don't like it when trying to understand a concept and related skill.

Technorati is OK. There were tons of links to blogs that are of no interest to me. I think I would be more inclined to enjoy the blogging communities of the Internet if I were a person who reads People and Entertainment Weekly magazines. I just don't care about most of the topics that most of these sites post. Dylan and Cole who? ;-) I do think it is totally mind boggling when I think about the fact that so many of the posts are from overseas! Totally cool! The tutorial y'all suggested was created by a Dutchie! (I would love to relocate there for a while, but I understand I would not like the weather!) :-)

I do want you to know that I did spend about 5 minutes on my Reader page this week! At least I visited it!

No comments:

Fuel the Brain