Saturday, January 5, 2008

Google

I have spent the better part of last evening and this morning exploring a FRACTION of everything that Google has to offer. I have heard that the district might be moving to gmail. Now that I have created a gmail account, calendar, created a personal google page and upload pictures to the web with picasa, I can see why that might be a good move-especially since it is all free. Of course, the transisiton could be a challenge.

Now I need to explore the difference in flickr and picasa to determine which I prefer and will continue to use. I definitely won't keep both. Here is my album so far: http://picasaweb.google.com/justlk16.

I will also continue to explore some of the extra features in each of the areas I have added. Right now I need to figure out how to change my personal google page. I pick one of the themes and I don't like it. I haven't yet figure out how to edit it.

I was already a user of Google Earth. I did upgrade to the latest version!

Check out Google maps. It is really cool!

Google is great fun!

2 comments:

VWB said...

Look on the right of the banner...there should be a button to "select theme"...sounds like that might be what you want to change.

your bird photos are beautiful!

Karen said...

I tried already. It isn't hot... I will play with it some more. Thanks for the comment.

Fuel the Brain