Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thing #9

I like these slide show tools. I think 280 slides is really cool! However, I just used Google Presentations and created a similar test show. It worked as well, saves in Google docs and uses the same tools I use for other documents. So, I think I would encourage students and teachers to stick with Google. It is truly becoming the Microsoft Office of Web 2.0!

Now, I guess you would have to invite others to share your slide show, so there is some merit to using authorSTREAM or Slideshare where the public can search and find your "stuff." I think it would also be advantageous to improve the quality of the work - since it is for a real audience. Their work would be "out there" for anyone in the world to view. Maybe we should encourage teachers and students to work in Google presentations and then publish in Slideshare. Wonder if that would work? It isn't PP... Will test it!

No comments:

Fuel the Brain