Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing #7

I watched the video and read (OK, skimmed through parts) of the Fair Use document. It was really helpful although still not cut and dry (as Fair Use will never be)! I do think it is a helpful resource. We need to be diligent in helping students remember to practice them (and ourselves as well)!

I had NO idea that Hula was free. I looked through some of its content and watched a few things at home last night. Blinkx was new to me also.

I chose to look for content on volcanoes. I found a terrific 50 minute video divided into chapters in the Nature portion of the PBS website and started watching it. I then searched blinkx for more volcano videos. I found a bunch but was not able to view them here at work. I couldn't cut and paste the video from PBS into my blog although it looks like I could have shared it a number of other ways. Facebook was an option. I could have purchased the video from iTunes or purchased a dvd. I will have to play around with Blinkx tonight and see. The NeoK12 site looked promising as well. I found some more volcano footage but it wouldn't load (the filter again). I will tray that one again from home and see what I can do. Here is the link to the PBS one.
http://www.pbs.org/video/video/1133372360/program/979358043

1 comment:

Wyomingnan said...

To embed, just try to find the little window that says "html", copy it and paste it in your blog under the "Edit html" tab. If they don't have the html to copy then I'm at a loss too!
wyomingnan.blogspot.com

Fuel the Brain