Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thing #4

Well, I made a video yesterday for this project using a Flip camera. It was the first time I had used a Flip! I had heard a lot about them - especially from Marianne - but never had the opportunity. In about 15 minutes I opened the box, installed the batteries, shot the video and upload it to Teacher Tube. It was SO easy, and that is my first experience with a video being easy (never been on the Mac side)! I abosultely LOVE the fact that there is no cable to have to keep up with. Anyway, Teacher Tube has not yet approved my video, so here is a link to an older one that I made last year.

http://www.teachertube.com/members/viewVideo.php?video_id=78095&title=Test

Here is the actual video from yesterday.

Having your lessons on Teacher Tube is a great way to share. I supposed students could also go there but I would just post then on my ning, district podcast site or blog. I thing your students would be more apt to go get them there. However, I do think you could develop a good network of like minded teachers on Teacher Tube.

Again, for student created work I would also post to the ning or district pod cast site. Students might also chose to post their work on Facebook or My Space. Yes, I know about School tube but must admit I had never visited until today.

No comments:

Fuel the Brain