Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer 2009 - 11.5 more things - Activity #1

WOW! Connectivism! I don't think in all my online journeys that I have heard that phrase before! I really like it. And boy, was that student connected or what! I wish I were as focused as he!

I think we all have a long way to grow to get to here, but I certainly think it is something we can work towards and attain! Since I embarked on 23 things last year, I have become much more connected and see the value for me and for our students! I have actually joined several social networks, asked questions and posted comments. I participate in webinars (love 'em) and more!

The teacher is truely a facilitator in this example. She helps the student learn information management skills, evaluation skills and communication skills. And, they are all on a need to know which makes it so much more powerful!

Yes, the librarian can assume a role in the process for the student! Accessing and validating websites, using the school's database, were a few right at the beginning. When you think about the role a librarian has always played - helping one find the information needed - then it is natural for a librarian to continue in the role. The places to find information have expanded!

2 comments:

VWB said...

the html avatars are having problems...if you go back to the site and switch to a jpg version and use the picture gadget, it will show

Jennifer said...

I agree w/ you 100%. I see this teacher as a fun, engaging facilitator. I would love to have my students make videos like this for math. Hmmm... we just might have to try that out!

Fuel the Brain